This is literally my late grandma’s recipe. One of those recipes which have no “right” quantity of each ingredient, but more of a trial-and-error approach. Either way, I did it! Feel free to add more olive oil if you’re feeling naughty.
I used frozen octopus as it’s becomes softer quicker than fresh octopus. It’s not the same with all fish and meat but it is in fact true for octopus (squid too). I got mine from Foodsaver stores (plus guaranteed bacteria extermination if you are 8 months pregnant 🙂 ).
- Frozen octopus from Foodsavers
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tbs of black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup high quality olive oil (I used “Chorio” organic olive oil from Foodsavers)
- 2 slices of orange peel
- Salt & pepper to taste
- White or brown rice to serve
- Boil the octopus for 20 minutes, throw away water.
- Chop the octopus. On the stove at medium to high heat add the octopus, cover it with water (around 1 cup or more if necessary). Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Leave it to cook for at least 1hr and 15 minutes, more if necessary. Most of the water should evaporate but some sauce should be left.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
(0) Readers Comments
Found your web page while looking to see the use of village flour, Pl
Έχουμε δοκιμάσει προχθές αυτή την Ταβέρνα και μπορώ να πω ότι όντως ΑΞ
Hi Thought I dhould message uou both to thank you for your hospital
Χαλια εξυπηρετηση, πολλες μυγες, απο τις 8 επιλογες για brunch μονο οι
Hi Anna. you may be right as the review is 4 years old. I haven't visi