This is literally my late grandma’s recipe. One of those recipes which have no “right” quantity of each ingredient, but more of a trial-and-error approach. Either way, I did it! Feel free to add more olive oil if you’re feeling naughty.
I used frozen octopus as it’s becomes softer quicker than fresh octopus. It’s not the same with all fish and meat but it is in fact true for octopus (squid too). I got mine from Foodsaver stores (plus guaranteed bacteria extermination if you are 8 months pregnant 🙂 ).
- Frozen octopus from Foodsaver Stores
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tbs of black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup high quality olive oil (I used “Chorio” organic olive oil from Foodsaver Stores)
- 2 slices of orange peel
- Salt & pepper to taste
- White or brown rice to serve
- Boil the octopus for 20 minutes, throw away water.
- Chop the octopus. On the stove at medium to high heat add the octopus, cover it with water (around 1 cup or more if necessary). Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Leave it to cook for at least 1hr and 15 minutes, more if necessary. Most of the water should evaporate but some sauce should be left.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
View more on Foodsaver Stores Facebook Page
(0) Readers Comments
June 15, 2018
I have the same problem. I know there will be an organic chicken farm
Does anyone know if we have organic meat farms in Cyprus? The only org
Επισκεφθήκαμε το Σάββατο το εν λόγω εστιατόριο. Μόνο τα καλύτερα έχω ν
Leonidas, please move along. Obviously nor you nor your kids have this
Highly overrated. Way too expensive for the services it offers. Rooms