I love the fact that I can walk into a Foodsaver Store and buy nearly all of the ingredients I need for this dish. I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken. I like this recipe because I feel like it makes chicken fancy and tasty. And the sauce is the kind that you want to slather all over pasta, or whatever base you are using. Leftovers are good too. Good for entertaining, but also for feeding a hungry family. Packed with flavour, especially this sauce, this is my favourite chicken recipe at the moment.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
800 grams Foodsaver Chicken Thighs, (6 chicken thighs)
2 tablespoons Chorio Olive Oil
1/2 cup Ardo Diced Shallots
2 tablespoons Reine de Dijon Grainy Mustard
2 tablespoons Reine de Dijon Smooth Mustard
2 tablespoons Arla Whipping Cream
1/4 teaspoon Ardo Diced Garlic, (equivalent to 1 large garlic clove)
1 cup chicken broth*
1/2 cup white wine*
2 sprigs fresh tarragon*
12 white button mushrooms
1 &1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Serve over top Rana Tagliatelle.
* All ingredients available at Foodsaver Stores except those marked with an *.
1. Heat oven to 200C.
2. Place flour, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
3. Press both sides of each chicken thigh into the flour mixture.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large frying pan, (the frying pan needs to be oven friendly), over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the chicken thighs until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken.
5. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the grainy mustard, tarragon and chicken broth. Add the chicken thighs back into the frying pan along with any juices.
7. Place the frying pan uncovered into the oven for 26 minutes or longer, until the chicken has been cooked.
8. Remove frying pan from oven, and stir in the smooth dijon mustard and heavy cream. Serve immediately over top of tagliatelle.
(0) Readers Comments
Nope. Although that would have been ideal :)
I also think that it's really important that they have gluten free and
Is the owner Spanish?
there is an imense pleasure to know more about this historical ancient