My favourite bloggers have managed to truly perfect this recipe so here I am sharing it. If you are a muesli fan (and even better – a Bircher muesli fan) do it now. Make loads and eat it every day. It’s indeed a reason to wake up. I am especially proud of myself discovering the Apple, Pear & Strawberry Humana juice for kids at Lidl as it makes the perfect apple (and pear) sauce!
Ingredients (* from Lidl)
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon raisins or dried cranberries*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter*
- 2 tablespoons Humana Apple, Pear & Strawberry juice*
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 medium Granny Smith or other green apple
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Drizzle of honey
- In a bowl combine the oats, raisins, cinnamon, nut butter and apple & pear sauce. Stir to combine. Then add the milk and stir to combine.
- Grate half of the apple, then stir the grated apple into the oatmeal and add a drizzle of honey. If you are making multiple portions grate or chop half an apple into each portion.
- Enjoy chilled. You can store it up to 5 days. I usually keep it over night or over 2 days and add the fresh apple before I eat it.