Summer Pasta Salad is one of the many answers to a very annoying question. “What am I making tonight?”. An even more important question when you have a family of five. Ok four since the 5th member is 4 months old. This recipe is very easy to make with lots of colourful veggies. In addition, it’s actually refreshing, especially during these hot and humid summer nights. Enjoy!
- 250g dry macaroni
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup strained Galpo yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 steamed or hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni in salted water according to directions on package (I added about 1/2 tbsp salt to the water).
Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Let drain very well.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper then add more salt after you’ve added the dressing to the pasta).
Recipe adjusted from www.cookingclassy.com