Although I am a big fan this is my first attempt and may I just say, one of many to come. It’s so easy and something more to the standard granola + yogurt or classic porridge I usually eat in the morning. Together with Bircher muesli this is probably my favourite brekkie.
To blend the Amazonia acai berries I used frozen fruit (you can freeze them the night before or buy them frozen) to keeps the smooth icey texture. Also most of the ingredients I used are organic. Why not use them where you can get them?
Ingredients from Alpha Mega
- 1 package Amazonia frozen Acai berry packet
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey (if you don’t add this on top, I recommend adding it to the mixture beforehand)
- Handful of oats
- 1/2 of 1 kiwis, halved and very thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh pineapple, thinly sliced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut
Blend all the ingredients together in a mixer. My smoothie mixer didn’t work as well as the normal mixer. Then add the toppings one by one. Remember to blend frozen fruit with 1/2 cup of liquid (such as the almond milk I used) to keep the texture.