Are you looking for a good and easy dessert recipe that will make you look good every single time? Refreshing, summery and just the right size? I have made this Key Lime Pie (or Lemon Pie) a lot of times and when Sophia Foundation has asked to make a recipe for a good cause I knew I had to share it. If it’s one thing you’ll make this summer let it be this one.
- 300g Hob Nobs or Digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 x 397g can condensed milk
- 3 medium egg yolks
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes or 2 lemons
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- extra lime or lemon zest, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160C.
- Whizz 300g biscuits to crumbs in a food processor
- Mix with 150g melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters.
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes (or 2 lemons) and whisk again for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate.
- To decorate, softly whip together 300ml double cream and 1 tbsp icing sugar.
- Dollop or pipe the cream onto the top of the pie and finish with extra lime zest.